Find information about the Ecole d'Humanité and its outdoor program and certification here
Many different nationalities, races, religions and cultures are represented in the community of learning at the Ecole d’Humanité. Some 50% of the students are Swiss, while their companions come from almost 25 different countries.
“No other place on earth is as dear to me as the Ecole d’Humanité. I’ve never found another place that is half as good at educating the whole person, and promoting the integration of learning with the head, heart, and hand.”
Professor and Chair,
Department of Education, Boston College
and former teacher at the Ecole
Photo: Chris Carlyle
The Ecole celebrated 100 years of Geheeb-Cassirer Schools in 2010. See the Ecole website to learn more!
The Ecole d’Humanité is an international boarding school legally registered with and recognized by the education department of the Canton of Berne, Switzerland since 1946, and has been accredited by AdvancEd. The school offers the following academic programs:
• U.S. High School Diploma and College Board SAT exams leading to admission to universities and colleges in the United States and throughout the English speaking world.
• Exams leading to the AP International Diploma (APID) and admission to universities in Switzerland and over 40 other countries.
• Swiss Matura Preparation for admission to Swiss and EU universities (in German).
• Preparation for Swiss apprenticeships and vocational colleges (in German).
The Ecole is a place to discover and develop one’s own unique gifts:
- a community small enough for each person to feel he or she has an important place
- a student-teacher ratio small enough for each student to receive individual attention
- an emphasis on taking responsibility for oneself and the community
- a place where it is understood that a “method of learning that does not respect a child’s own thoughts has no heart.” (Martin Wagenschein)